Friday, March 14, 2008

How did we ever live without TiVo?

Because I am behind on everything, I just spent tonight catching up on the last two weeks of American Idol. And oh, how it made me love that Digital Recorder. I mean, to ENDURE some of those performances. . .

Christy Lee Cook is awfully lucky that David Hernandez had a sordid (I mean, EWWWW!) past. 8 Days a Week as Country Pop? Simon wasn't kidding when he called it County Fair material. I have never wanted to cry more. Because of the pain in my ears. And my soul. And the feeling of Lennon's spirit wailing from the great beyond. Honestly.

My reaction to Across the Universe was interesting. It made me totally nostalgic, nearly to the point of tears. I remember sitting in my brother's room, thumbing through his guitar book, trying to memorize the words so that when his friend came over and they played it, I could stand outside his door and sing along with all of my heart. I'm pretty sure Mike was pissed that I was going through his stuff and constantly hanging around when his friends were over. But hey, I truly idolized him. He's my big brother. I wanted to be just like him- some big famous guitar player- when I grew up. And OK, he's not a famous guitar player, but he provided me with a complete Beatles education. And Pink Floyd. And tons of other bands that I only remember in bits and pieces. And he is a great guy, so I can still look up to him a little, right? I also have a wee little crush on Michael Johns. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that.

Of course, everyone on Earth has already watched and/or heard all of this from multiple sources, but I had to put my two cents in.

But my favorite reason to watch American Idol after the fact? I no longer have to listen to the drivel which pours from Paula's mouth. What in the hell is wrong with that woman? Honestly, is it drugs? A tumor? Maybe STD's gnawing away at her brain? Out of all of the train wreck performances, the train wreck that is the Abdul is certainly the most annoying.

No comments: