Thursday, October 18, 2007

Halloween

Rebi has been planning her costume for a few weeks now. We bought material, thread, everything we needed to sew something fun. It was not cheap.

Last night, around 11, I finished the dress part and took it in for her to try on. It's a little big right now, but the seams can be sewn deeper. I was adjusting a pattern and really didn't want it to end up too small. However, her response to it is less than enthusiastic. I now have no interest in finishing the dress because I am pretty sure she will hate it. I'm guessing she didn't look hard enough at the pattern and she thought it was going to be different when it's finished.

The other 4 are getting store bought ones this year.

3 comments:

Cloves said...

well, what was it going to be????

I am busily making costumes for the two oldest. We found a cheap costume for the little one while browsing the DI. At least one kid is ready.

John Hattan said...

Maggie found one of her old fairy-dresses and declared that she was gonna wear it this year. Fine with me :)

cari said...

What a good mom you are. My mom used to sew for me and when I asked her to make my prom dress she said absolutely not...because I wouldn't be satisfied with the end result seeing as I was a picky teenager. (I think she was right)