Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Romeo, Romeo. . .

Also known as: The Beauty of Having Older Siblings

Rebi is studying Romeo and Juliet in school. Apparently so are the rest of the children, as Ellie and Nate are recreating the final death scene with their stuffed animals.

Nate as Romeo: Juliet, I will kill myself if you are dead!
Nate as Juliet: Romeo, why did you have to drink the poison? I was faking my death! I will stab this knife down into my heart! (no animals were harmed in the making of this blog).

Insert lots of dying noises here.

Nate: And now, for an everlasting life potion so you can come back to life!
Ellie: Like in John 3:16? That whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but shall have everlasting life? I hate your version Nate. In the real one, they just die.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did make them into a ball.

Mom said...

Can two kids be any different, Nate so creative, Ellie such a realist? I am still laughing-of course, when do I not crack up at your blogs?

Cloves said...

Hmmm, I'm thinking Hamlet would go over better at our house. But certainly the stuffed bears would have major roles. They always do.

Naomi said...

Classic! I'm just impressed that they know a little Shakespeare. The other night Kevin quoted some Shakespeare to Parker and he said,"Didn't Bill Cosby say that?" Yeah, wrong Bill . . .