Thursday, August 30, 2007

Can it be summer again?!

OK, OK, I admit it! I have too many things on my plate. I know I am usually wiped out in Aug/Sept, until we get a routine and a schedule going, but I am really feeling the pain right now.

It was insane to start all of my full time job responsibilities the same week school started. I also made a fatal error in enrolling Evan in a class on Thursdays which I have to drive 20 minutes each way to get to. Tyler's scouts just got changed to Wednesdays, which means there isn't a single day I can stay in my PJ's and get a bunch of stuff done at home. Every day has big blocks of time chunked out of it. I am not thrilled with this.

I don't think I've slept in two weeks between the heat (107 degrees today. YIKES!), the constant backpack clutter, the 25 signed syllabuses (or should that be syllabi? Nope, spell check does not like syllabi), 4 kids needing me to watch them do homework, job postings, meals, laundry and the constant shuttling of children to activities. Somehow, I have got to take the time to get more organized so that I don't end up flat in bed. As it is, every day I am pounding the Advil just to stay upright. Something is gonna give and soon if I don't make some changes, and I'm betting it won't be pretty.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

eewww. . .that's a rough schedule. HEY! My A/C has been on sice June on 74 and it isn't going off until November. SO, if you need to cool off, come on over. Also, need help picking kids up? I can help! Let me know.

The Katzbox said...

My sweet friend, it is reputed that on his death bed, Oscar Wilde looked at the atrocious wall paper in his bedroom and said, "One of us has got to go" and then he did. Do not make that same mistake.

Apparently, your life is supposed to be chaotic right now...I'm becoming a convert of "Oh! So this is what I'm supposed to be experiencing right now...thanks Heavenly Father...hmmmmm and the lesson is"....

Doesn't that sound philosophical? Sometimes I have to breathe slowly and purposefully while I'm saying it...

Hold on, it's a wild ride kiddo. But as Jerry Seinfeld said, " Life is truly a ride. We're all strapped in and no one can stop it. When the doctor slaps your behind, he's ripping your ticket and away you go. As you make each passage from youth to adulthood to maturitiy, sometimes you put your arms up and scream, sometimes you just hang on to that bar in front of you. But the ride is the thing. I think that the most you can hope for at the end of life is that your hair's messed, you're out of breath, and you didn't throw up."

Love ya Melissa.

frizzlefry said...

You guys rock, you know that?