Friday, September 14, 2007

I believe I will buy this. . .

iPod touch showing different screens
This is the new ipod touch.

A friend of ours has an iphone that he really likes- maybe a bit too much, but that is another story. I am in need of a new ipod, as my first generation behemoth keeps having issues and has to be reset (but the sad face it get amuses me every time!).

I just can't decide if:
1) I really have the disposable income to get it and
2) If I will even use the functionality it offers.

I mean really, will I download and watch videos?
Then again, it might prevent me from missing episodes of Heroes for weeks on end like last year. . .

5 comments:

Emmy said...

TIVO, TIVO, TIVO, TIVO . . . .

frizzlefry said...

I DO tivo, I'm just never home to watch the stuff I record!

The Katzbox said...

I dreamed of a computer/phone thingy last night...which is the part I forgot about...until I read your post...thx, that was driving me nuts...

KA said...

Here is my opinion on this matter: If you really do decide that you will use it to watch videos, you MAY be better off with the iPod classic. Of course the screen isn't as big but the iPod touch is only 16gb (I'm pretty sure that's right), so you're not going to get many movies on it.....I asked the guy at the Apple store why it's only 16gb and he said it's b/c it uses the flash technology which is "cost prohibitive" to make with more memory....

frizzlefry said...

yeah, I figured as much. I'm sure I will mainly use it for music. I'm just not much of a movie/TV watcher. Which of course begs the question, if it's only for music, why not just stick with the nano?