Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Escape from Alcatraz


Nate: Mom, do you know that Alcatraz was the hardest jail to escape from? Because it's an island. And sometimes prisoners can't swim so they can't get away. But I could get away. First I would have to get the keys from the guard and I could do that if I knocked him down first. And then I would unlock my cell and get a ladder and climb up over the wall. But I would have to have a boat waiting for me so I could jump off of the wall and right onto the boat and then it could hurry and get me away before they know I'm gone.

Mom: Nate, why are you worried about escaping from Alcatraz.

Nate: Because Mom, you wouldn't want to be in jail. . .

Mom: Well, than maybe it would be easier not to do bad things that might land you in jail?

4 comments:

Jen said...

It is funny how easy, obvious, even logical answers are not first in children's minds. I am amazed at how much I point out the obvious to my son.

Yes, avoiding jail altogether is the better route.

Dave Astle said...

Good to know, though, that regardless of the route he chooses, he has a plan.

frizzlefry said...

He was a little bit crushed today when I told him that Alcatraz no longer functions as a jail.

adara! said...

jail or prison?