Friday, November 9, 2007

Hmmm

I was in the grocery store today and popped into the bathroom. All stalls were occupied, so I patiently waited my turn. From the end stall came the clear conversation of a mother and her child, which included phrases like, "Whew, that felt good to pee that all out!" (the mother) and "I hate toilet paper!" (the young child).

OK, that was weird.

So, the stall opens and they come out. And thankfully, went right to the sink to wash hands. I couldn't help but notice that the mom was quite tall and morbidly obese. No judgment here, I just had to move past her, so it couldn't be missed. The daughter was a different matter. I don't think she could have been older than 3, and with big brown eyes and sudsy hands, she turned to her mother and said, "Momma, why are you so very fat?"

Awkward for all involved.

No comments: