Tuesday, January 1, 2008

No More Changes!

YAY! The holidays are over!! Please tell me we can find some sort of routine to settle into again. I feel like every time we hit our stride, another kid insists on being home schooled. And Tyler is in line. He may just come home after his trip to Sacramento with his 4th grade class. And really, who can resist? They play outside, they read great books, they do all of their school work at their own pace, there's no homework, lots of fieldtrips, and best of all, no one at home insists he's a homosexual. Yes, you read that right. Apparently, all year there has been a "little" (bigger than Ty by a full head I'm sure) punk telling Tyler he's gay. And not in a "you are so lame" kind of way. How did I find out this little nugget? I was given a discipline slip by my very heartbroken son and asked to sign it. Surprised, I read that he had kicked another child. When I asked why, the story spilled out with the shuddering gasps and bucketfuls of tears. It is so amazingly hard to see your child in pain. He wasn't really in pain so much at the taunting. He was more upset by the fact that he thought he had tried to resolve things peacefully and nothing worked. He felt the only solution left was to kick the kid, so he gave him the best shot he had.

This happened a couple of weeks before Christmas break, and the teasing has not resumed, so maybe Tyler got his message across and the detention was worth it.

3 comments:

kEllY said...

Find out who the kid is. I want to kick him, too!

kEllY said...

Oh, btw, I get soooo hungry reading your recipes! I love that blog!

The Katzbox said...

I'll show that bully/punk gay...I'll get some of my best gays to go over and break into his room and redecorate it with rainbows and the color purple...oh, he'll rue the day my friend...he'll rue the day...

And now, I must repent...