Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Comfort Zone


Today is one of those days when I think I have enough time in between kids' activities to get actual work done. But I don't. I just get into a contract or an insertion order and it's time to run a child somewhere else. I've been working on the same IO all day, but 15 minutes here and there is only enough time to calculate a column or enter a line item and take care of all the other urgent email that comes in while I'm gone. And when I did have a full hour, the kids took a magnifying glass outside and started burning things. I thought is was a good idea to pay attention to that activity. Call me Smokey. Because I learned it in Kindergarten- I can prevent forest fires. And hopefully house and neighborhood fires.

Sometimes I wonder how much more I would accomplish if I had 8 hours of uninterrupted time each day and not only the hours between 10 pm and 1 am. Sometimes, I think I want a desk job in a real office so that I can leave all of this behind, get my work done, and get home again.

Then I think about office politics. And dressy clothes. And seeing my boss every day. And the fact that my children would just text and call me all day to solve their problems anyway. No matter how much they fight and how crazy some days get, it's worth it just to stay in my pajamas all day. . .

1 comment:

Aleena said...

One of the best reasons to work at home.......you don't have to try to impress anyone. and who needs office mayhem???
Your blogs are fun.....Love the snicker cookies....