Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bad at Blogging

Because I am bad at blogging, I didn't take my camera along for any of our 4th of July fun. And really, it's not that I didn't want photos, it's more that I don't have a little camera to carry nicely in my pocket or purse. It's kind of difficult to pack around bags of things like water and snacks and jackets and blankets and lug around Tyler or Nate when their legs get sore and still have the will to hang a heavy camera from my neck.

So, in the spirit of America, let me reassure you we have eaten every deep fried battered treat available to us in the past few days, including fried twinkies from the Del Mar fair. Sure it was pricey and my stomach hasn't yet recovered, but well worth it for the experience.

We went to the beach on Tuesday, the fair on Wednesday, stayed home Thursday, the 4th of July carnival in our town on Friday, and today we're going to a Powwow. More fried food. . .yum! I bet there's grilled food too. . .

We'll be doing two nights in a row of fireworks as well. Which is good because the next time the kids tell me they hate me, I can remind them of how I let them eat Bavarian chocolate cream funnel cake until they were sick. (And it was really good!)

I'll try to have a few photos of the Powwow, but don't hold your breath.

No comments: