Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Attention! Attention!

We interrupt this birthday celebration to bring you a very important message:

A friend of mine visits an orphanage in Tijuana on a regular basis. At least once a month, she and some friends take food down, prepare a meal, leave food for the kids to eat until they make it back again, and spend the day playing with the kids. We are hoping to join them once a month from now on.

Currently, the orphanage has a need for electrical appliances. They need things like crock pots, large capacity griddles and electric skillets, and possibly even a big rice cooker. Something is wrong with the oven and they can't have it repaired, so they have been using 2 small electric burners to prepare food for all of the kids.

If any of you have electric items like these that are in good shape but you don't use, please let me know. I will happily arrange to pick them up (unless you live overseas. I will happily arrange to pick those up too, but then I will need additional help with the airfare. . .). If you would like to help financially, please leave me a comment or email me at astlefamily at gmail dot com.

And, Yay! Our trip to Africa next year might be off the table, if we can make a difference here and how were we going to come up with that kind of money anyway?

1 comment:

slawler21 said...

Hey girly, ok favorite thing to do. Take a bath and catch up on your blog. Annoys the family as I tend to laugh outloud very often and I take my baths when they are all in bed.. Oops! But I do have quite a few appliances. When do you need them by. Call me. 526 7570 Shannon