Sunday, June 1, 2008

Me, a Procrastinator?

So, it's 11:30 Sunday night and I am realizing just how very much I have to get done before 8:15 am tomorrow morning. As in less than 9 hours from now. Why? Because I fully live by the motto, "Why get done today what you can put off until tomorrow?" And now that I am literally in the 11th hour, I realize just how much my motto sucks. Seriously. I need a new one.

Not helping me one little bit is this fatigue that makes me feel like I am pregnant again. And you women know what I mean. It's the kind of fatigue that makes you fall sharply into sleep without even realizing you have closed your eyes. Typically for me, that is in the middle of an intense conversation or over a stack of amazingly dull paper work.

The paperwork is losing. But I have to fill out 4 enrollment packets for kids for their charter school, finish tracking their learning on 3 separate sheets of paper, print out a P.E. log- and since it should accurately reflect the time they have spent exercising all month, I ought to add some information to it- and finish collecting all of their text books to turn in. Sadly, some of the text books have been living in my house since 2006. I kid you not. 2 years and 5 months of being lost in the de-cluttered clutter. As if I will ever find those. . . I won't even tell you that our last batch of library books were all returned over two weeks late and there is indeed one missing again. (Anyone seen an owl book? No?)

Someday, I am going to learn my lesson about procrastinating. At least I finally learned my lesson about pregnancy.

And most amusingly, I am going to sit down at some point tomorrow and think to myself, "Hmm. . . I wonder why I'm so tired." Because I have given all of my brain cells to my kids and cannot remember things that have happened in the last 24 hours.

No comments: